- Full gas tanks in all cars: check.
- Nine days worth of groceries stashed away: check.
- Husband safely at home and not on the roads: check.
- Plentiful supply of beverages: check.
- Netflix movie delivered: check.
- Stack of new books on my nightstand: check.
- Roaring fire in the fireplace: check.
- Golden Retriever curled up at my feet: check.
I can deal with snow now -- even 30 inches. Maybe yesterday's Snowmageddon forecast induced this reaction in some Washingtonians, but today we're hunkered down, calm and cozy.