Saturday, October 25, 2008

Bathroom transformation

(originally published December 13, 2007)

Today, two crews from Bathfitter are transforming our hideously ugly upstairs bathtub and shower into places in which we can bathe without having to ignore the way the grout looks. I am thrilled at that prospect. So are Stan and Julie. Allie, who is not permitted to venture into either bathing area, presumably doesn't care.

Right now, though, those two crews are drilling. Loudly. Directly above my office. When they're not drilling, I hear frenetic, excited sounding voices that mean only one thing: at least one of the technicians is listening to talk radio.

I thought I was going to get some work done today: continuing to write the appendix to the Petfinder book project; figuring out how much more research I need to do on my canine water sports article and (yes, really) getting my Christmas cards done.

Right.

Perhaps I should do something that doesn't involve concentration, like the laundry. Ooops, can't do that: the water's been turned off.

Tomorrow this will all be a memory. Our tubs will be glowing. In the meantime, though, I'm glad that neither Stan, Julie nor Allie are here. Sometimes stress multiplies when shared.

No comments: